A California scientist by the name of Michael Snyder made a breakthrough discovery while studying how smartwatch technology can be used in medicine. While conducting his research, Snyder discovered that the watch showed an elevated heart rate and higher skin temperature than usual. He found it extremely odd because he felt just fine. But only a few days later he caught a low fever which prompted him to see the doctor. He was given an antibiotic which helped cure the symptoms before they became more serious. Snyder went on to write a paper about his findings, including more people in his demo.
While more research is required to prove this method actually works, his paper made us think how Smartwatches can help senior citizens and make homecare in Beverly Hills much easier for them and their caregivers. Smartwatches can without a doubt have a huge impact on seniors’ quality of life as the technology evolves.
1) When a family member needs to be in a nursing home its essential to visit as random times to ensure the best care for your loved one. When the staff at the nursing home see that your family is visiting they will provide better care for your loved one.
2) Things that can go wrong in a nursing home at night include:
- Staffing ratio of caregiver to patient to save money leads to compromised personal care
- Staff shortages result in patients going with inadequate care
- Caregivers have been known to triple diapers on a patient to avoid having to change linens
3) In interviewing CNAs they have shared confidentially that they have observed some caregivers who that pretend to wash patients hair by just adding watered to their head to give the appearance of having been bathed.
4) Food is presented at times without taking proper care to make sure the patient can easily utilize utensils and reach the food easily.
Tips and key questions to keep in mind:
- Have you properly educated yourself on the care your loved one will get at the facility?
- Do the meals appear to be nutritious and appetizing?
- What is the turnover rate of staff?
- What’s is the staff to patient ratio on each shift?
- Do the residents seem to be happy and engaged?
- Do the residents appear to be groggy or overmedicated?
- Are the residents clean and well groomed?
- Are the residents feet and toenails kept clean?
- Does the environment appear to be clean?
- Does it smell like urine or deodorant to cover up the smell?
There’s no more important decision than finding the right caregiver for your loved one. To learn more about getting the finest of in home care Los Angeles or Beverly Hills in home care for your loved one call A Better Way In Home Care today at: (323) 650-2211.
1) Listen carefully how your loved one feels about the caregiver regardless of your personal opinion of the person.
2) Evaluate and get feedback from all of the caregivers don’t base your opinion on the feedback of just one caregiver.
3) Protect the finances of your loved one and make sure that there can be no abuse of their personal resources. This will also protect the wrong type of caregiver from your loved one.
4) Don’t feel comfortable just because someone has a good background. That is just the beginning and does not guarantee the caregiver will provide good care or be honest.
5) Frequently check in with your loved one to make sure they are doing okay.
6) If the caregiver is controlling or pushy get rid of them.
One of the most important decisions is finding the right caregiver for your loved one. To learn more about getting the finest of in home care in Beverly Hills or Los Angeles home care for your loved one call A Better Way In Home Care today at: (323) 650-2211.
How Does ABW find the best caregivers?
The caregivers refer us to other great caregivers in Los Angeles. This has worked out beautifully for ABW.
Does ABW advertise for caregivers?
We do not advertise for caregivers. Quality caregivers know us by reputation, or are referred to us. We have a very detailed screening process all potential caregivers must go through.
What is the ABW caregiver Interview Process?
This starts with an initial screening process with Sheridan, Steffi Gaines sister, which can last up to 2-hours.
Then we set-up an appointment and they fill in their extensive application. We review all of the caregiver’s documents and past references. Then we have an extensive orientation to explain how ABW works.
I personally interview each caregiver and this can last between 1-3 hours. It’s essential that I get to know them on a human basis.
If a Los Angeles caregiver interviews well and has the right attitude, experience, and heart we then do a thorough background check and confirm all past references.
Only after all these steps are taken do we start referring caregivers to potential clients.
What are the minimum requirements to be an ABW caregiver?
- Minimum 6-years of provable experience
- Legally allowed to work in the U.S.
- Positive attitude
- Passion for caregiving and looking out for the welfare of others
- People who empower others
When your parents get older they are not able to take care of themselves the way that they once did. Children often take on the responsibility of taking care of them. Since many of them have busy lives and responsibilities, they have to seek the assistance of caregivers in Los Angeles.
Home care providers Los Angeles are able to provide flexible care that can suit your parent’s personalized needs. Maybe your parent just needs everyday companionship, or needs someone to wake them up on a daily basis. There could be numerous things that your parent needs assistance with such as: administering medicine, dressing, getting to appointments or showering. No matter what type of help is needed, A Better Way In Home Care’s quality providers can help on an hourly, part-time or 24/7 basis.
It is imperative you select a caregiver who will build a trusting bond with your loved one. Also, you will want to choose one who has a credible reputation. Researching the right caregiver for your parents is going to be a very important process and it takes time. A Better Way In Home Care does so much of the legwork for you. We have been providing families with in home care Los Angeles since 1998. We will interview and screen possible candidates and help you choose the one that best suits your parent’s needs. We also have many qualified, experienced care providers we have worked with for years.
If you have any questions or need assistance with your elder care in Los Angeles for a parent or loved one do not hesitate to call your friends at A Better Way In Home Care. We are here to help you and can be reached at: (323) 650-2211.
Things that Might Indicate that Your Elderly Family Member Might Need Care:
The following things might say that your family member needs help. Always keep your doctor updated on any physical or psychological changes that you see in your elderly parent.
It’s hard to tell when you might need Elder care Los Angeles and know what type of help to get for them. So think about these questions first when considering Home care Los Angeles. Consider the amount of times that each action has taken place. If you are not around your elderly parent much of the time, you might not know what is really happening. You might not see certain things happening too often. On the other hand, if you are around your parent every day, you might not be able to tell what’s really going on since the changes do not seem that noticeable.
- Have you seen any of the following happening?
- Eating habits have changed in the last year and there is a loss of weight or appetite.
- Not keeping up with their personal hygiene.
- Not keeping their home environment clean anymore.
- Major behaviour changes such as being quiet, noisy, or irritated.
- Cutting off relationships with friends and neighbors.
- They get bruises because of weakness, forgetfulness or abusing of drugs or alcohol.
- Not having an interest in his normal activities such as bowling night, movies or taking a walk.
- Forgetting to open mail, read the newspaper or fill prescriptions.
- Not handling finances any longer. Bills are piling up or misplacing money.
- Buying crazy things such as getting two of everything or getting products from television or Internet ads.
These may be signs that your elderly parent needs some care. If you have any questions or need assistance with your elderly care in Los Angeles for a parent or loved one do not hesitate to call your friends at A Better Way In Home Care. We are here to help you and can be reached at: (323) 650-2211.